Whether you are new to the open water or are experience veteran, if you’re looking to:
- Become more confident in the open water
- Swim more efficiently
- Develop your open water swim stroke
- Learn more about all the skills that make up a successful open water swim, including sighting, using the open water to your advantage and managing waves and chop
Then this clinic is for you!
Drawing on many years of open water swimming, triathlon racing and coaching experience, Alex Price and the the AP10 team will share key elements that can make each race or open water swim a good one!
You’ll learn about these things, plus many others;
- How to sight and breathe effectively
- Navigating waves and chop
- Buoy turns
- Swimming in a group
- The open water environment
- Drafting while swimming
- How to reduce anxiety and manage nerves in open water
- Choosing and using a wetsuit
The course will run for 3 hours which includes theory and practical components. There will be plenty of time to ask questions before and after the swim in Wollongong Harbour.
All participants are welcome to join the AP10 squad immediately after the course for an open water training session!
|DATE:||Saturday 30th November|
|TIME:||1:30 – 4:30pm|
|PLACE:||East Corrimal, then Wollongong harbour (participants will need to provide own transport between locations)|